Fire Door Installation Service
We are a Fire door installation company. We are fire door specialists (supply and fitting). We can take care of any type of Fire Door installation projects. We are also able to offer a range of general Fire Door services, some of which are listed below:
- • Maintenance, Repairs
- • Upgrades, Upkeep ,Care
- • Supply, Fitting, Installation
- • All aspects of Joinery and property maintenance and improvements
Around 3 million new fire doors are bought and installed every year in the UK and play an essential part in offering the first line of defence against fire, creating escape routes and preventing the spread of smoke. Despite the high volume of fire door installations many industry professionals are still making mistakes when it comes to fitting and specifying fire doors, here at Fire Door Services we ensure that all fire doors are properly fitted and maintained to the highest standard so that no mistakes are made.
What We Do
Documented inspections have been put into place because without proper documentation valuable saftey information about a fire door may be lost leading to inproper maintenance. At a minimum the following should be provided in an inspection report:
- • Date of inspection
- • Name of facility
- • Address of facility
- • Name of person(s) performing inspections and testing
- • Company name and address of inspecting company
- • Signature of inspector of record
- • Individual record of each inspected and tested fire door assembly
- • Opening identifier and location of each inspected and tested fire door assembly
- • Type and description of each inspected and tested fire door assembly
- • Verification of visual inspection and functional operation
- • Listing of deficiencies in accordance with fire door laws
The correct installation of a fire door is fundamental to it's overall performance as it will ensure that the fire door remains realiable to it's fire integrity rating in the event of a fire.
Here at Fire Door Services we are certified fire door installers and carry out all of the necessary checks before and after the install to ensure the fire door is properly fitted and will remain reliable if a fire were to occur in a building.
As with any other life-saving product, a fire door should be checked regularly to ensure it functions correctly and is ready to use. It should be considered in exactly the same way as testing a smoke alarm or a fire extinguisher.
If there is any slight alteration to the door or the frame it is built into, this can seriously affect the doors performance. Fire door checks should be carried out at least every 6 months or sooner depending on the door's usage and traffic. The maintenance of a fire door should be done by a registered maintainer and should conform to a certified check list to ensure the fire door's integrity.